"Steve Thackery" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Good gawd....one day, that's the shortest install ever for Opera.
> So what's the problem, then? So far it's working fine for me.
Here's my list of problems. (Windows XP.)
I don't like the change to the Windows Native theme which means I can no
longer see what tab's open; I have to use the Opera Standard now. And both
take up more space than they used to. Spatial navigation highlight's ugly,
but less so than the beta.
I don't like the new addressbar behaviour (it has the unfortunate behaviour
that if you are typing in an address that you know but make a mistake, it can
fill up your screen with irrelevant entries -- formerly you'd know you made a
mistake because all of the options would _disappear_.) You can turn off
_most_ of it, but doesn't make the order of the dropdown the same as it was in
previous versions. I can't figure out what type of ordering it's using; all I
know is that when I partially type a URL and push 'down' it's never the URL
that I expect. It's really quite frustrating.
- The tab list that appears when you push ctrl-tab has no currently selected
highlight, making it entirely unusable.
- After interupting a page download with images turned on, right clicking on a
unloading image and choosing "reload image" does not reload the image.
Unlike previous versions, turning images off/on or user stylesheet on/off
doesn't change this, either; only reloading the page.
- If an image in a page is loading and you right-click on it and choose Open
Image, it opens the image but stops loading it.
- No "Open with Opera" option when clicking on an unknown filetype. (It's
text, I know it's text, _let me open it in Opera!_)
- Menu bar in full screen mode and non-native theme has weirdly random
behaviour (press Alt-F and I get the menu appearing _halfway down the
screen_. Alt-E appears just a bit above and to the right of that. The
others continue in a diagonal line upward until it hits the top, and then
continues diagonally downward.)
- In Gmail, Basic HTML: I can't select emails with the keyboard.
- I left Opera on overnight. The next day, no links would load first time --
it'd connect to the server but just stop before the "Receiving Data" part,
showing only a white page. It'd work when I chose Refresh. At first I
thought it was just the Opera forums being overloaded, but then I realised
it happened _everywhere_. I've not reproduced this, but nor have I left
Opera running overnight.
- When left-clicking on a link the mouse pointer does not change to the "busy"
cursor. It does when middle-clicking on it, or if moving the mouse after
left-clicking (but only after a small delay.) This is a minor issue, but
I'm finding the lack of feedback distracting; I keep on thinking I've missed
Note: everything listed in this section is a straight reversion from 9.27.
It is a bit faster, though.