opera.general

Re: IRC autoconnect

Subject: Re: IRC autoconnect
From: "Rijk van Geijtenbeek"
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:17:42 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.general

Op Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:36:05 +0200 schreef Eik <spam@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:59:20 +0100, joru <abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i've updated 9.27 to 9.50stable... and Opera after almost every disconnect reconnects automatically, even if disconnection vas caused by `/quit yawn...`

is it possible and how to turn this off?

I noticed this and it's damn annoying. I assume it's a bug because there seems no reasonable explanation of why it would do this.

Opera simply reconnects to all IRC servers for which there are open chat windows.

I've noticed a few annoyances in 9.5 but I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning them. I've never seen anything else I've mentioned get changed over the years.

--
                                                     Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                   Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA

"The most common way to get usability wrong is to listen to what users
say rather than actually watching what they do." - J.Nielsen