Re: IRC autoconnect

Subject: Re: IRC autoconnect
From: "Rijk van Geijtenbeek"
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:17:42 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.general

Op Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:36:05 +0200 schreef Eik <spam@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:59:20 +0100, joru <abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i've updated 9.27 to 9.50stable... and Opera after almost every disconnect reconnects automatically, even if disconnection vas caused by `/quit yawn...`

is it possible and how to turn this off?

I noticed this and it's damn annoying. I assume it's a bug because there seems no reasonable explanation of why it would do this.

Opera simply reconnects to all IRC servers for which there are open chat windows.

I've noticed a few annoyances in 9.5 but I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning them. I've never seen anything else I've mentioned get changed over the years.

                                                     Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                   Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA
                                    Tweak: http://my.opera.com/Rijk/blog/

"The most common way to get usability wrong is to listen to what users
say rather than actually watching what they do." - J.Nielsen