Re: Visiting URL crashes Opera 9.27 on XP

Subject: Re: Visiting URL crashes Opera 9.27 on XP
From: "David W. Hodgins"
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 15:52:19 -0400
Newsgroups: opera.general

On Sat, 03 May 2008 07:03:29 -0400, Phil R <r@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Using Opera 9.27 with Flash Player 9.0.124 under Win 98 SE, the
> video takes down the entire OS. Everything froze.

Is this on XP, as per the subject, or 98SE, as above?

Flash under 98 has always been a problem, as the animation drawing routines
get a higher priority then the mouse and keyboard. Take a look at

The website no longer exists, and I no longer have a copy of
the modified WINMM.DLL (I dumped m$ years ago).

If you wait a few hours, the machine will probably become responsive again.

If you're comfortable using a hex editor, make a backup of winmm.dll,
then change the two addresses (I forget if they both have to change
from 0f, to 00, or vice-versa).

If that doesn't work, contact me via email (see sig), and I'll see
if I can dig up a 16 bit m$ dissasembler, to re-create the needed changes.

Regards, Dave Hodgins