opera.general

Re: link rel target in head section

Subject: Re: link rel target in head section
From: Daniel Jung
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:09:24 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.general, comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

I posted this on opera.general a few days ago, but it was obviously not the best group to send it to. (I did that because Opera so beautifully implements the navigational bar, read on). So I'm reposting and FUP2ing this to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html. Thanks. DJ

Daniel Jung wrote:
Hi

I have a frameset with controlled contents in each frame. If I want to make use of the navigation-toolbar that detects link elements like

<link rel="help" href="http://www.opera.com/support/";>

those should be in the HEAD section in the upper most document, of course. But I want to specify one of the frames for displaying the links. Now

<link rel="help" href="http://www.opera.com/support/"; target="main">

won't work. I haven't seen any comments on this question in manuals (e.g., http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html).

Thanks for any input.

- Daniel