opera.general

Re: Problem with www.epson.com

Subject: Re: Problem with www.epson.com
From: "Toshiyuki Saito"
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:58:35 +0900
Newsgroups: opera.general

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:57:47 +0900, Lee Harvey <leeharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FV wrote:
Lee Harvey <leeharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef op Sun, 30 Dec 2007
02:23:15 +0100:

In can't select any country in http://www.epson.com, anyone knows why?
Opera 9.24.

I'm guessing bad browser sniffing.

Confirmed.
Do any of you file a bug report?

As Gandalf noted, the Epson site works fine when Opera is set to "Mask as Internet Explorer" or "Mask as Firefox". Hence, it's a site problem, not with Opera. No bug report is necessary, unless someone wishes to contact
the webmaster at epson.com informing them of their problem.

As far as I know Opera also has a team dedicated to site problems, so when it's an important site (which this seems to be) I think a bug report would
be in order.

AFAICT, this exact same issue was reported last March too:

...but I don't know if an official bug report was file then either.

However, if you wish to use Opera's Help> Report a site problem... then
perhaps Opera can tweak their browser.js file to enforce user-agent
masking
on Epson's site.

Ah yes, there's also that vague menu item. I've never been sure what Opera does with that, and what the relation to the bug system is. I still think
filing a bug report wouldn't hurt though.

IIRC, the [Open the] Web Team responds to these site problem reports*

Yes, you are right. So we will file a bug report, then.
But now most of us are in vacaton, so please wait for a while.

--
Saito Toshiyuki, Opera International AS/QA Japan