opera.general

Re: Speed Dial

Subject: Re: Speed Dial
From: tom
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:51:38 -0700
Newsgroups: opera.general

Rijk, this is the behavior I believe should change. Opera should differentiate between MAIL (et al) and WWW tabs, and always leave a WWW tab for Speed Dial, otherwise, the benefit of Speed Dial is diminished.

Well in my Opera 9, when I close the last tab I get the speed dial view when that setting is disabled. The only thing that makes it go away (apart from disabling speed dial in opera:config) is allowing Opera windows to have no tabs, which results in a blank grey screen after I close the last tab.

Opera currently also treats chat or mail or manage transfers etc as vaild 'tabs', only after closing the last of those you'll get the free blank tab with speeddial.