opera.general

Re: Slow torrent downloads

Subject: Re: Slow torrent downloads
From: Gunnar
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:25:26 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 04:51:43 +0100, Phil <p.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Bjorg" <nospam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:op.tjq2ecxr5858tm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
While using Opera for the first time as a torrent client, I am very
unimpressed with the download speeds, which are very s  l  o  w! Can
Opera  be tweeked to raise the download speeds or should I switch
over to a  dedicated torrent client?

http://www.opera.com/mail/

==> Aren't BTs DL speed determined by the DL speed of the seeders or
the server? If so, it's not Opera's fault.

Operas torrent downloads are much slower than downloads with "real" torrent clients. That's a fact. No room to argue, sorry.

--
Gunnar