opera.general

Re: STUNNING OPERA DEFICIENCIES

Subject: Re: STUNNING OPERA DEFICIENCIES
From: "Ted S."
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 03:22:24 -0000
Newsgroups: opera.general
Somebody claiming to be Rick Onanian <groups.theholycow@xxxxxxxx> wrote
at Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:21:01 GMT:

> Actually, the default tagline is "Using M2, Opera's revolutionary
> e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/"; which is not only rather
> full of itself, but quite silly sounding too. What's so revolutionary
> about it? It's just a basic email client

Actually, it's more like a mail database with a clunky display interface.

The fact that it's a database caused no end of grief when M2 first came
out, as people would delete emails from one "folder" (I think this is back
when OS used the term "access point", not "view") thinking it would only
be deleted from that folder, when in fact it was deleted from the entire
database!

And you should see what passed for a newsreader in older versions of
Opera.  Egad.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
TV Announcer: It's 11:00.  Do you know where your children are?