Re: Eudora 7

Subject: Re: Eudora 7
From: Gian
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:59:54 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:44:56 +0200, John H Meyers <jhmeyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've tried with 9.01/8552/Win32 on Win2K/SP4+patched,
and my results are that Mailto: links then "play dead"

To make sure that Windows knows that Eudora is my default
mail program, I've opened the same "mailto:"; link using IE,
and it does go to Eudora -- BUT, it does not open any
"new message" window -- so there seems to be a common
problem with both IE and Opera, as to not creating a new message,
and this fault can not be attributed to Opera.

Maybe this isn't such a great idea, but have you tried to change the default mailer (open Outlook Express, it should ask for that), try if it works and then go back to Eudora?

E.g. Try the example "1. Add a Subject Line" from

I've tried these examples and they all work for me, with Opera set with "Open with default application" :(

That example works, for me, only when using Opera itself.

Cheers. Gian

Creato con il rivoluzionario client e-mail di Opera:
OPERAzone ITALIA: <http://www.operazone.it/showarticle.php?articleID=tutorialM2quickstart&mi=11>
Opera.com: http://www.opera.com/mail/