opera.general

Re: Eudora 7

Subject: Re: Eudora 7
From: Gian
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:59:54 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:44:56 +0200, John H Meyers <jhmeyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[CUT]

I've tried with 9.01/8552/Win32 on Win2K/SP4+patched,
and my results are that Mailto: links then "play dead"

To make sure that Windows knows that Eudora is my default
mail program, I've opened the same "mailto:"; link using IE,
and it does go to Eudora -- BUT, it does not open any
"new message" window -- so there seems to be a common
problem with both IE and Opera, as to not creating a new message,
and this fault can not be attributed to Opera.

Maybe this isn't such a great idea, but have you tried to change the default mailer (open Outlook Express, it should ask for that), try if it works and then go back to Eudora?

[CUT]

E.g. Try the example "1. Add a Subject Line" from
http://www.outfront.net/tutorials_02/adv_tech/mailto.htm

I've tried these examples and they all work for me, with Opera set with "Open with default application" :(

That example works, for me, only when using Opera itself.

Cheers. Gian

--
Creato con il rivoluzionario client e-mail di Opera:
OPERAzone ITALIA: <http://www.operazone.it/showarticle.php?articleID=tutorialM2quickstart&mi=11>