opera.general

Re: Eudora 7

Subject: Re: Eudora 7
From: Franc Zabkar
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:59:46 +1000
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:03:19 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:08:32 -0500, Franc Zabkar expertly wrote:
>
>> Try this:
>> C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe
>> mailto:%t?subject=%s&body=%m
>
>Much better -- now only "Cc:" and "Bcc:" are missing!
>
>Taking further guesses from your suggestion:
>
>C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe
>mailto:%t?subject=%s&cc=%c&bcc=%b&body=%m
>
>Yes! -- it finally works even with the last example on
>http://www.outfront.net/tutorials_02/adv_tech/mailto.htm
>
>(except that %0D in the body wasn't properly interpreted,
>and remained "0D" in the body text -- is Opera wrong there?)

I get the following error in a popup window:

Unable to start the external e-mail application
C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe
mailto:abbeyvet@xxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Please, I
insist!&body=Hiabbeyvet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx would like to send you
$1000000 to divide as you see fit among yourselves and all the
moderators.abbeyvet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx let me know to whom I should
send the check.&cc=spooky@xxxxxxxxxxxx&bcc=thomasbrunt@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The data area passed to a system call is too
small.

If I shorten the body text, then Eudora works, but I see the same
problem as you, ie "0D" text pairs.

However, if I paste the mailto link into my MAPI-aware newsreader
(Agent), then Eudora works as expected.

So it looks like an Opera thing. The abovementioned error message also
suggests this. AFAICT, the "%" character is being substituted by the
"To:" field. In fact it appears as if the "To:" field is being
interpreted as a %0 argument, in which case %0x would be parsed as
"%00x". Any hex value with a non-zero leading digit (eg %20) is parsed
correctly.

>Thanks for the best help yet!

>(the "windows default" setting remains useless here)
>
>Did I miss something in Opera's help or tutorials,
>about the required argument for this setting?
>
>-[ ]-

I can't remember the source of my info. It was either Opera's online
help, or Usenet.

BTW, I'm using Win98SE.

- Franc Zabkar