opera.general

O 9 8501 Win32

Subject: O 9 8501 Win32
From: Mark V
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:43:09 -0400
Newsgroups: opera.general
O 9 8501 Win32

I note that Prefs...Programs,
 telnet
 tn3270
cannot be deleted

Removing them and the matching trusted protocols entry from
opera6.ini also fails and the entries are restored.  Setting them
in opera6.ini or prefs to <blank> also seems to fail.  Via
opera:config they can be set to nothing.  At one point I have no (4
lines) entries in opera.ini and yet once started Prefs still lists
them (under programs) as does :config.   If OK'd or Saved they are
written to the INI!

Clearly something is broken, yet I cannot understand why two
different methods can show configuration that does not exist in the
INI in the first place   ...and then proceed to save something that
was not there to begin with.  It is as if neither preferences
method is truly and accurately displaying the current state of the
INI.

I am sure I missed it in .beta, but why all the spurious SPACE
characters (a lie since INI is not correctly represented) in paths
in opera:config?  And why are some paths quoted and others not (w/o
regard to embedded spaces)?

It surely appears as if there is a lot broken in this area for a
"'final' release".

--
Opera Win32 9.0-8501; W2K
For Windows I suggest using the "classic" installer package in all