opera.general

Problem Displaying US House Votes

Subject: Problem Displaying US House Votes
From: Name
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:49:41 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: opera.general
This issue arose in an old post

http://groups.google.com/group/opera.general/browse_thread/threa
d/2234488b8c06b75f/f69a3371c3f89ad1?q=xml+house+vote&rnum=1#f69a
3371c3f89ad1

At http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2006/ hovering over link 288 I see
the address http://clerk.house.gov/cgi-
bin/vote.asp?year=2006&rollnumber=288

When I click on it I get
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2006/roll288.xml

Problem 1. I then see a unformatted screen of content, with no
tags.  Looking at these source, I see what I guess is an xml
file.

When I click on the link that worked in the above 2004 post from
Lee Harvey again I see unformatted data.

Switching between Opera, Mozill, and IE made no difference.

I have seen this before but could swear that recently I saw
these pages display properly in Opera, as if someone was
changing something on the site.

Is there any go get these pages to display properly?

What is this all about and who is to blame for it not working?
Opera?  The site?

Problem 2. The unformatted text appeared black. It was
unaffected by my user mode font and color settings.  Does anyone
know where this black can be changed?