opera.general

Re: Shortcuts to bookmark entries

Subject: Re: Shortcuts to bookmark entries
From: Jane
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:43:55 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.general
On 07 Apr 2006, Eik<spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:28:07 +0100, Jane <jane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to create a bookmark which is essentially a
>> shortcut to another bookmark (in the same bookmark file)?
>
> You could try giving the original bookmark a nickname and then
> using that  as the URL in the 'shortcut' bookmark.

That works rather nicely.  :-)  I don't usually use nicknames
because I get into too much of a muddle with all my many
bookmarks!  I have about 2,000.

So let's just go through this ....

Assume I assign a nickname to a bookmark and then use the
nickname.  I can use the nickname either in another bookmark,
entering the nickname direct into the address bar (F8 or F2) or
put it into Goto Nickname (shift+F2).

QUESTION:  Having got to the web page I want, how can I now find
out which bookmark the nickname came from?  Keying the nickname
into the bookmark search box doesn't help as there are very likely
to be many hits of the nickname term (eg "firewall") in the URL or
in the name name of other bookmarks and they will all get shown.

QUESTION: Is this the best way to cut-&-paste the URL from the
address bar back into the bookmark search box?