Re: Shockwave flash - how to change Action

Subject: Re: Shockwave flash - how to change Action
From: "David W. Hodgins"
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 21:29:39 -0500
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:58:05 -0500, Franc Zabkar <fzabkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 02:42:08 -0500, "David W. Hodgins"
Run an ethereal capture, to see what mime/type the site is claiming

I don't think that is the problem. My problem is that I can select
"show download dialog" as the action for .swf files, but after I exit
and restart Opera, the selection has reverted to "use plug-in".
Furthermore, immediately after my initial change, the entry for .swf
files disappears from the list of mime types.

First, update to 8.53, due to some security fixes.

I assume you're on windows.  Make sure none of the files in your
opera directory (especially opera6.ini) has been marked read-only.

In any case, I don't know how to perform an ethereal capture, although
I have copied and pasted the relevant .swf files from my cache. Is
there some header I should look for?

Can you provide the url of a site you're having trouble with?  Then I
can check the headers, and see if that's the cause.

Regards, Dave Hodgins