opera.general

Re: WARNING: OPERA IS A SERIOUS TREAT FOR YOUR COMPUTER

Subject: Re: WARNING: OPERA IS A SERIOUS TREAT FOR YOUR COMPUTER
From: Eik
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:24:13 -0000
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:48:48 -0000, Steve n Debs <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You have to wonder about the reliability of anyone that considers IE more
secre than Firefox

Depends on how you look at it. Firefox has suffered from a far greater number of security holes since it launched than IE, hence seeing 8 versions within the first year and another update days after 1.5 was launched. I seem to remember one of Mozilla's criticisms of IE was that fixes came in the form of patches, which made it less clear how safe the version you were using was. So they opted to release complete versions for every fix, however it seems there have been so many that in 1.5 they have switched to the MS method of offering patches.

But generally speaking, I don't feel comfortable using IE on the open web. I would feel safer using Firefox, though Opera remains my browser of choice.

--
Using Opera's revolutionary integrated Email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/