opera.general

Re: Flash links don't work

Subject: Re: Flash links don't work
From: "Richard Grevers"
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 11:03:27 +1300
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:00:30 +1300, Quin Selman <zinger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:58:09 -0700, Quin Selman wrote:

Here's a set of tutorial links based on Flash. None of them work on my XP system with Opera 8.1. They do work with Firefox and IE. Anyone know what
the problem is?

(sigh) It seems barely a day goes by without me running into problems with
various links and Opera.

Thanks.

Sorry. This URL will help:
http://www.thornsoft.com/flashdemos.htm

The Clipmate 7 links work, because they don't have such badly broken HTML for the flash embedding. The Clipmate 6 links are broken because there are no </object> tags. No browser is doing anything wrong, its just a case of different handling of a very serious error.