opera.general

Re: Help with User Javascript needed

Subject: Re: Help with User Javascript needed
From: "Steve Foster"
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:20:28 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: opera.general
Marek Mdnd wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:10:52 +0200, Steve Foster
> <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Marek Mdnd wrote:
> to >>> include an auto-refresh, using the meta tag.
> at >>> certain times of the day, there's no point in the update (it's
> a >>> financial site).
> > > Can you answer this:
> > > would the setting of own custom refresh rate using context menu
> >>Reload every -> Custom ...
> > > to a mucmuch longer time that they have on their page,
> > > defeat their time, so its your custom reload time that works and
> > > not theirs?
>

> > I did try this, but the Opera setting was ignored.
> > > If it does you wouldnt probably would go this way.
> > Not really practical anyway - since every time I refresh the page
> > manually (ie when I want), I'd have to go manipulate the Opera
> > Reload settings.
>
> Not quite true.
> The reload settings are per tab, they are individual.
> As this reload time gets saved so too if you save windows
> configuration  (done automatically if you exit opera). So next time
> if you start up you  have the once defined reload timegaps for saved
> tabs working.

What I meant was that when the page is refreshed, it's going to read a
"new" meta refresh instruction, which is likely to reset any Opera
configuration for that tab (I already knew the Opera Reload
functionality was per-tab).

As it happens, the page meta instruction overrides the Opera
functionality anyway.

And removing the element didn't work, either.

--
Steve Foster