opera.general

Website login problem.

Subject: Website login problem.
From: Frank
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:41:07 -0000
Newsgroups: opera.general
I am no longer able to log into my blog software in Opera. When I click the login link and enter my user name and password, the blog returns the empty login page. I don't even get an error message, like "wrong user name or password."

I also encountered this with my cell phone carrier's website. I entered my phone number and password and got the login page back. Four times.

It's as if the login information is not actually getting transmitted to the remote site.

I am able to log into both sites in Kongueror (for you Windows types, that's a Linux browser) with no problems and, from my Windows computer, I can log in to the blog using Opera 8.51 for Windows.

Everthing was working fine Monday night. Tuesday morning, it was working fine no longer. In between Monday night and Tuesday morning, I was asleep. I did not mess with any settings, install any new software, or anything like that in my sleep. I don't sleep walk. When I try to sleep walk, I end up tripping over a dog or cat, bumping my head, and waking up.

Can anyone suggest where I might look to fix this?

Thanks.

Computer info: Dell Inspiron 6000, Celeron, Slackware v. 10.2, 512 MB RAM, Opera 8.51. F-Prot Antivirus, Projectfiles Firewall, KDE 3.4

--
Blogging at http://frankwbell.no-ip.info/weblog
Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.

Slackware (http://www.slackware.com) and Opera (http:www.opera.com): the ultimate internet experience.

fwb2355 is a spam trap.  Email frankwbell at comcast dot net.