opera.general

Re: How to make Opera mail interface default "without using the opera br

Subject: Re: How to make Opera mail interface default "without using the opera browser"
From: "Rijk van Geijtenbeek"
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:30:47 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:07:25 +0100, V S Rawat wrote:

It is a new question.

How do I make Opera's mail client as my default mail client for
my pc, WITHOUT MAKING OPERA BROWSER MY DEFAULT BROWSER.

For a couple of reasons, using Opera as default mail client doesn't work very well. Mainly because it lacks MAPI support, so 'Sent to > Mail client' in your file manager doesn't work with Opera.

The option in preferences speaks only about making the browser
the default one for the system. I guess that also makes the mail
client the default.

No. This will only make Opera the default handler for the http and https protocols, html and xml files, and url shortcuts. 'default browser' does of course not include 'default mail client'.

But I want to continue using my existing
browser (Crazy Browser 2.0.1) on my system. Only that I want
Opera mail client to replace Thunderbird 1.0 as default for my
pc.

How to do it?

If you open the 'details' dialog, you get detailed options. This includes making Opera the handler for the 'mailto'-protocol.

--
           Get Opera 8 now! Speed, Security and Simplicity.
                  http://my.opera.com/Rijk/affiliate/

                                                   Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                 Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA
                                Tweak: http://my.opera.com/Rijk/blog/