opera.general

Re: Annoyance in Opera built-in news-reader.

Subject: Re: Annoyance in Opera built-in news-reader.
From: "Trevor Gough"
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:04:24 -0500
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:57:35 -0500, Blinky the Shark <no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Trevor Gough wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:40:12 -0500, Blinky the Shark
<no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

no wonder you need everything jammed into one application,

Well, if you cannot appreciate Opera's approach of integrating things,
why  are you even here continually harping about it?  Just use what

A thread about it appeared/developed.  See Subject header.  I ended up
participating.  Just like you.  I was here to ask a question about,
IIRC, filtering, with which I was having trouble, and which I've mostly
got worked out, with some pointers from others in the group.

you want and those of us who are enamored with Opera's suite approach
will continue  to use it, also.  You don't have to use all of Opera's

I'm sure that's what will happen.  I don't think that that means there
can't be discussion, eh?

features/applications, anyway.  If you just like the browser, use the

I know that.  I'm not exactly new to computing or the online world.

browser.  This thread is interesting, if not for its content but the
back  and forth from people who just work differently and see things
differently.  Somehow, I still think you have failed to see what I was

Then why ask why anyone participates in it?

describing earlier when I described some of the
conveniences/advantages of  integrating news/mail with browsing in
Opera -- I didn't see any feedback  from you anyway on my fairly
detailed post enumerating those  conveniences/advantages.

Here you go: I wasn't interested in doing stuff the way you do, and
felt like letting the branch drop.

Watch out for Merlin ... it may make one's preference for Opera's
methodology even stronger, too!  :)

That would be a shame.

OK, Blinky ... have it your way!  :-)  Peace.

--
I am an Oper-8-or!