opera.general

Re: Bookmarking windowsets

Subject: Re: Bookmarking windowsets
From: "Ken Knox"
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:17:20 -0400
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:16:36 -0400, <andrewspencers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1. I tried bookmarking a window session file, but opening the bookmark
just displays the session file in text mode rather than opening the
window session. How do I make the bookmark open the session?

2. I can use file/sessions/save session to save a window session
containing my entire current windowset, and I can press ctrl-t to
create a bookmark of the current url of the current tab, but what can I
press to save a window session containing just the current tab (along
with its positioning and history info as usual), and preferably
simultaneously bookmark this window session? If there's no such feature
by default, then is there any kind of Opera macro/scripting voodoo
which will let me do this?

You can do the following:
1. Go to <URL: http://nontroppo.org/wiki/CustomButtons>
2. Search for sessions (i.e. type .sessions)
3. That should find "Bookmarks list button with session menu dropdown
4. Click on that button and it will add it to the My Buttons area of the Customization dialog.
5. Right-click on any toolbar, select Customize
6. Select the buttons tab
7. Select My buttons
8. Drag the new button th the toolbar of your choice
9. Select OK
10. Clickin on the button will give you the menu dropdown...clicking on the down arrow will give you the sessions

Alternatively, in step 3 you can press F3 to find the nest occurance (also the next button on the page). That will get you a "Session dropdown menu". That will act the same as before with the exception of not providing the bookmarks with the dropdown.

I've tried both of these and they work well.

--
Ken
Choose Opera! http://www.chooseopera.com