opera.general

Re: email webpage using Outlook

Subject: Re: email webpage using Outlook
From: "Richard Grevers"
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:10:26 +1200
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:34:03 +1200, <jack.murphy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Gabby,

www.jkn.com is a web-based "web page emailer"

I am a representative of jkn (JumpKnowledge), so please give me
feedback.

Oh great, I'm arguing with a spammer, - sorry "viral marketer"

I agree with you that sometimes it is necessary to email an entire web
page.

Here are some reasons (there are many more)

You forgot "you're trying to become their ex-friend".

* You want to make sure your friend sees the article (busy or
distracted people won't always click a link)

Au contraire, if I want to make sure my friend sees the page I'll send them the link, because emailing most of my acquaintances a page is guaranteed to fail because of their filters.

* You are having a back-and-forth discussion concerning a web page and
it would be too time consuming to have to click a link to refer to the
web page each time.

Talk about desperate! If I'm having a back-and-forth discussion about a page with a client, I'll keep the frickin page open! Remember we're not using IE so we don't have to keep the number of open pages really low to stop the browser crashing.