opera.general

Re: Press release: Opera Eliminates Ad Banner and Licensing Fee

Subject: Re: Press release: Opera Eliminates Ad Banner and Licensing Fee
From: Holger Metzger
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:29:16 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.general
Marek Mänd wrote:
> It would be interesting also to hear thoughts of "happy" people, who
> bought Opera browser major version 8 (Opera 8 is 4.5 months old ) user
> licence month or some ago and payed money and bank fees for to get it
> and now feel betrayed.

Oh well. Life sucks, doesn't it. :-) I once paid for Winamp (I think it
was version 2.5), and just two days later it went freeware. Anyway... I
sincerely think that most people who forked over to Opera didn't do it
to get rid of the ads (which were never that big of a deal) in
Opera-The-Browser, but mostly to support Opera-the-Company.

--
Holger