opera.general

Re: TAB viewing order

Subject: Re: TAB viewing order
From: "Rijk van Geijtenbeek"
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:19:25 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:18:23 +0200, Mike Echo wrote:

I have searched and can't find anything on how Opera handles unread
tabs. If I have multiple tabs open and close the second one in Firefox,
I will automatically be on [what was] the third tab. Opera, however,
takes me back to the first tab which is annoying because then I have to
activate the next tab all the time.

I tried the settings in Preferences > browsing > advanced > tab cycling
to no avail.

My habit is to have my home page open in the first tab (just a local
page of links) and have many others open from there. I like to start on
the second tab, read it, third tab, read it, etc. and Firefox just
progresses to the right.

Is there a setting for this or am I just going to have to get used to
it.

Yes, this is simply the way Opera behaves, based on the old MDI standard. The Tab cycling option controls the behavior of Ctrl+Tab, which doesn't help much when you are closing pages with the mouse.

Other than a few niggly things, Opera is great and I can see myself
sharing my time between Firefox and Opera.

--
           Get Opera 8 now! Speed, Security and Simplicity.
                  http://my.opera.com/Rijk/affiliate/

                                                   Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                 Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA
                                Tweak: http://my.opera.com/Rijk/journal