opera.general

Re: Opera getting "Bad Request" and "Server connection closed" responses

Subject: Re: Opera getting "Bad Request" and "Server connection closed" responses
From: Jane D
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:47:47 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.general
On Mon 19 Sep 2005 14:37:07, Dave Hammond wrote:

> Unfortunately, after having upgraded to 8.02 I still get the
same
> message ... prettier,  but still the same message:
>
>    Connection closed by remote server
>
>    You tried to access the address
> http://groups.google.com/group/opera.general/post,
>    which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web
> address (URL) is
>    correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the
page.

> Any other possibilities?

I found that Google Desktop Search was responsible for pretty much
the same sort of symptoms you describe.  As a remedy I found that
I could do either of these:

(a)  stop Google Desktop Search from running
(b)  change Opera (F12) to identify itself as either Mozilla or
IE.

I think that while GDS is running then it picks up on new
documents stored on your drive or, in some cases, viewed by you.
So I went for (b) above.