opera.general

Deleting individual files from cache

Subject: Deleting individual files from cache
From: "Ted S."
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:51:50 -0000
Newsgroups: opera.general
Is there a way to delete individual files from the cache while Opera is
running?  I don't want to have to shut Opera down and go to the Windows
file manager.

Opera must have crashed recently, as I discovered this morning that the
opera6.ini had magically changed itself yet again to start caching pages.
The only reason that I noticed it was because I got disconnected from my
dial-up while several pages were loading, and one of the pages displayed
just a line of code from the page headers.  No matter what I tried when I
reconnected, I couldn't get the page to load in its entirety.  (Obviously,
O8 was loading the page from the cache, since I don't have Opera set to
check for new pages every time.)  It was only when I closed Opera, edited
opera6.ini so as not to cache pages, and restarted it that I was able to
get the page to load as intended.

No lectures, please, on why I should want pages cached.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Lisa, if you don?t like your job you don?t strike.  You just go in there