opera.beta

Re: Do the Betas Reinstate the suffix of the cache files?

Subject: Re: Do the Betas Reinstate the suffix of the cache files?
From: Maurice
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:45:30 -0500
Newsgroups: opera.beta

It is unfair to assume that the 9.2 users who won't switch to 9.5 or who went back after trying it represent some kind of true sample of Opera users. I for one never save cache files, I have a fully serviceable browser and I think 9.5 is a vast improvement over previous versions. I suspect I represent a much larger fraction of users than the cache crybabies. I wish they would stop bellyaching and move on to something else.

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 06:52:15 -0500, no.one <no.one@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:43:49 +0200, "Ralf Demuth" <news@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Opera doesn't care about your needs.

Wrong, the community is extremely important. As a part of that community I
know that.

I see you are part of the cheerleading squad from the blog.

If the community is so important, then why is the 9.5- series going so far astray, against the desires of those outside the blog's cheerleading squad?
Just read this newsgroup, the reaction of the 9.2- users who have been
subjected to the 9.5- mess is quite consistent.

The blog's cheerleading squad consumes whatever the developers say should
be consumed.  Where is the critique that should prevent Opera from making
even more of a mess of 9.5-

And btw, you'r childish "have fun with IE" at the end of your message
merely confirms the "thank-you sir, may I have another" mentality of the
blog cheering section.

--
Maurice