opera.beta

After Opera's update user interface language resets from lithuanian to E

Subject: After Opera's update user interface language resets from lithuanian to English too hard
From: "Rytis Umbrasas"
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:26:40 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.beta

After installing Opera with english interface I need to change user interface language to Lithuanian on Preferencies.. That's works. Thank's for the nice multilanguage suport.

But after Opera's update (now to the 9.10, but the same problem was on 9.02 too), language of interface resets to english again :(

Changing language to Lithuanian on Preferencies does not work. There we see that user interfce is ..Lithuanian. I tryed to change to english - it works. To Lithuanian - after update does not work.

Reinstaling of opera (remove, install) does not helped too.

Just downloading translation file helped me to set Lithuanian language again.
That problem I had in the past too. With 9.01 and 9.02.

Mostly lithuanian users after Opera's update will have english interface again, and will be not easy for them to founf, how to make Lithuanian interface again.

Please add Lithuanian language to the setup program languages list, and fix non unicode damaged text in Opera's Setup program. That problem is very old. (maybe since 9.0)

Dear developer, try install opera 9.02, Change user interface to the Lithuanian (maybe to other language You know better :). Make update to 9.10 and You will found, that user interface is ..English again. Nice "feature". And tehere is no way on preferencies to make Lithanian language again.

Strange, that I can change language to other without problems. It looks like locked just language wich was used before update.

Rytis Umbrasas