They end up with English strings interspersed in their localization. In
extreme cases maybe in mislabeled items, but I can't recall that
I have made one more test today. It was MS Windows XP with LIP (Lithuanian
After opera's upgrade from 9.02 I'v got question about language.
It's not very nice, that user must look at damaged texts. It should be
fixed, but ok.
At the languages list theres no Lithuanian, so user must choose.. English.
After upgrade Operas 9.02 Lithuanian interface was changed automaticly to
User usualy don't want to change language when he is upgrading!
Tools, Prefereces I wanted to choose Lithuanian again, but I see that
choosen language value is Lithuanian. So theres no way to change
Lithuanian to Lithuanian.
User interface is - english.
Ok. I have sucsessfuly changed language interface to english.
Not to Lithuanian - there no result. English again.
Now I have changed to ..Russian - ok. It works.
Now to Lithuanian - it works again!
So it looks like I found complicated way to keep Lithuanian interface.
On other computer XP PRO English UI Opera 9.03. Changing languages does
not work. (Maybe it's upggaded opera form maybe 9.01. I see - after
upgrade changing language does not work well)
I have made soft upgrade to 9.10 and theres no way to change any language
by Preferences, Languages list. Of course I can download translation file
manualy from opera's downloads, and then it will work. But it will be too
dificult to ordinary not english user.
It looks like Opera after upgrade has some problem with changing UI
I hope, If would setup program have Lithuanian language in the setup
languages list, maybe it would work. Now we must upgrade to other language
than it was before upgrade.
Sorry for not very well english..