opera.beta

Re: Problem with GMail in TP2?

Subject: Re: Problem with GMail in TP2?
From: "Richard Grevers"
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 06:45:47 +1300
Newsgroups: opera.beta
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:23:01 +1300, James Howe <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 10:20:04 -0500, James Howe <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've just been using GMail in Opera 9.0 TP2 and it doesn't seem to work correctly. I'm able to get into GMail and read messages, but I just selected a bunch of messages for deletion, and when I choose the Delete menu option, nothing happens. I never saw this sort of behavior out of Opera 8.x. Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior (and reported it)?

One futher note, GMail seems to work if I use the 'nocheckbrowser' option.

It seems that most of the javascript powered buttons work once and then forget their function until you've gone away and done a whole lot of other stuff in gmail. Google seem to have been tinkering a bit in recent weeks, so I'm not about to blame Opera entirely. BTW I installed GTalk yesterday - 876k - the second lightest IM client I've ever seen. (the lightest was Opera 5's :-)