ojb-user@db.apache.org

Re: Is not allowed to use "0" in an INTEGER filed that is part of a prim

Subject: Re: Is not allowed to use "0" in an INTEGER filed that is part of a primary key?
From: Danilo Tommasina
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:24:09 +0100
Hi Frank,

if you are using a primitive 'int' in your java class, int 0 is considered as NULL and interpreted as 'undefined' primary key which will cause an insert instead of an update.
you can use a (java.lang.)Integer in your class.

hopefully this helps you further
danilo

Hiller, Frank RD-PT31 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using OJB 1.0.3.
I defined a primary key in respository descriptor consisting of three
fields.
Two fields are "VARCHAR", one is "INTEGER".

When I try to insert multiple objects with identical values in the
VARCHAR fields and a value of "0" in the INTEGER field, then multiple
records are inserted into database.
Using a value > 0 for the INTEGER field inserts only one record, which
is correct (other records are rejected).

So it seems to me that is not allowed to use "0" in an INTEGER filed
that is part of a primary key. Am I right?

Thanks................Frank