ojb-user@db.apache.org

Re: Proxy collection and cyclic references

Subject: Re: Proxy collection and cyclic references
From: Armin Waibel
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:27:53 +0100
Hi Robert,

Robert Giddings wrote:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any trouble with a proxy collection and cyclic references
before?

I keep getting StackTraceOverflow errors because of an infinite loop
where a collection of objects of one type has a reference to the
collection owner object.

However I can't see this as being a problem with my code, because I have
looked all over the place for an error, but my code in the decrypt
method of the objects class is identical to other classes, and they
don't have any problem.

Could you reproduce this error if you remove your enhancements (if exist)?
If yes, please open an issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OJB
and describe detailed (e.g. with pseudo code) how to reproduce your problem.

If possible please run your test against the latest version from SVN (OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch) - it's stable and will be the 1.0.5rc1. The OJB test-suite run several tests with cyclic references and they all pass, so I would expect that this error (if it's one) already fixed in SVN.

regards,
Armin

Thanks,

Rob