ojb-user@db.apache.org

RE: FEATURE REQUEST : specify foreign-key-attribute to use with c olle

Subject: RE: FEATURE REQUEST : specify foreign-key-attribute to use with c olle ction descriptors instead of using primary of container class
From: "Janssen, Roger"
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:30:05 +0100
hi,

tried to get it working, but....

- running 'ant junit' eventually result in failure with the message that
  junit probably is a non existing target (tried it with ant 1.5.0, 1.6.0
and 1.6.2)

- running build (from bin) dir also fails

- tried maven but it's not clear which goal to use (does ojb use maven to
manage the build process?)

- just running 'ant' finally results in failure:
  'D:\Tools\db-ojb-head\db-ojb\build.xml:812:
D:\Tools\db-ojb-head\db-ojb\target\
   dc\build\site not found.'
  but it gives me a jar

- using this jar in our own persistence wrapper also gave me some errors
because
  the dependencies in ojb's project.xml are not up to date and i used those
to include dependencies :
  a.e. : in xml it says version 2.1.1 for commons-collections is used, but
in fact
         the HEAD of commons-collections is used containing the class
         AbstractSerializableSetDecorator, that cannot be found using 2.1.1

  are there lists of dependencies needed run-time for OJB available
depending on the components
  of OJB you are using (using onbly PB api, using ODMG, using JDO, etc)?

- finally, after getting my junit testcases to work within our wrapper (i
started
  to migrate from rc6 to the HEAD), all the testcases for NOT_IN criteria
fail.
  executing criteria with NOT_IN are giving back exactly the same result
  as executing it with IN (the IN criteria execute correctly), is this a
known issue or am i doing
  something wrong?

in fact, because only the NOT_IN stuff fails, it looks pretty good for a CVS
HEAD :)

now that i got OJB head running (ignoring the above) in our wrapper, i will
make myself some junit
testcases running in our wrapper project, testing the new functionality.

i will let you when i've done this...

Roger Janssen