ojb-user@db.apache.org

Re: Query problem for hundreds of thousands of records

Subject: Re: Query problem for hundreds of thousands of records
From: WHIRLYCOTT
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:47:47 -0400
Why don't you just request 1000 objects 350 times instead of 350,000 objects all at once?

phil.

[ Muliawan Sjarif ] wrote:

I just want to do a stress test on OJB and struts with this scenario..

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:09:58 +1000, Michael Hart
<michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ Muliawan Sjarif ] wrote:

However, the problem now is the iterator object can't be passed onto
servlet or struts' view to be processed there. The documentation
suggests that for that kind of purpose use Collection instead. How
then?

Unless I misunderstand what you're doing, then you shouldn't be passing
~352,000 objects to a view component anyway - are you really going to
display all of those objects? Isn't there some sort of filtering process
that you need to apply to them first to reduce them to a more "viewable"
number? (ie, iterate through them and just choose the few that you need
before passing them to the servlet/struts).

Cheers,

Michael

                                  Whirlycott
                                  Philip Jacob