ojb-dev@db.apache.org

Re: OJB 1.0.2 ?

Subject: Re: OJB 1.0.2 ?
From: Armin Waibel
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:51:00 +0100
Brian McCallister wrote:
The locking stuff is the big one, I haven't tried dropping it into a big app as (sadly) I am not using it in a big app at my new job (yet ;-).

We may want to create a delegating, deprecated, lock map with the old name in the 1.0.X and leave it out of 1.1

hmm, I will try to restore the 'old' odmg-locking stuff (delegating is not possible), try to simplify new stuff and make both locking api useable (the old locking api can cause write lock concurrency problems, maybe own LockMap implementations fix this issue).

Armin

-Brian

On Feb 4, 2005, at 6:25 PM, Armin Waibel wrote:

In CVS 1.0.x branch changes (I know) are:

- Locking was moved from odmg-implementation to OJB kernel. Users using own odmg.locking.LockMap implementations have to adapt implementations to ...broker.locking.LockMap interface

- In ObjectCache interface I introduced a new method. Users using own caching implementations have introduce the new method. But it seems that I can move this new method to an internal interface, so that ObjectCache doesn't need to change.
Will check in changes soon.

regards,
Armin

Thomas Dudziak wrote:

Could you be more specific ? Which public API parts have changed ?
Tom