ogb-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [ogb-discuss] RFC: Emancipation Community

Subject: Re: [ogb-discuss] RFC: Emancipation Community
From: "Shawn Walker"
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 18:09:18 -0500
On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 4:05 PM, John Sonnenschein
<johnsonnenschein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, what are everyone's thoughts on promoting the project to a
> community ( a community whose goal is to see to it's own destruction,
> but a community none the less ) ?

I do agree that they should be separate projects.

However, I'm not sure I agree that promotion to a CG is the best for
these projects.

For example, libc, etc. belong as a project sponsored by the ON
Community Group. The same would go for any component currently part of
the ON Community's work.

In other words, I think these projects better fit within the existing
well-scoped Community Groups that we have that relate to what the
project is "emancipating."

My reasoning behind this is that it is best to work closely with the
existing CG that sponsors the projects that already maintain the items
being "emancipated."

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben