netbsd-java@netbsd.org

Re: openjdk7 in pkgsrc

Subject: Re: openjdk7 in pkgsrc
From: Geert Hendrickx
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:17:26 +0200
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:56:52AM +0200, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:38:07 +0200, Geert Hendrickx <ghen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm not sure whether we should explicitly depend on the used fonts though.
> > I've added a dependency on DejaVu (covers a lot of scripts, including
> > Latin) and a commented one on ja-sazanami-ttf (Japanese) and baekmuk-ttf
> > (Korean).  The Chinese fonts are not in pkgsrc and I have no idea which
> > could replace them. :-)
>
> Do we need to distinguish between native / modular X.org or do anything
> special for base fonts? Also, while there, feel free to improve patch-ap
> (I doubt it's correct). If mind serves me correctly it was inherited from
> wip/jdk16.

DejaVu fonts are only in pkgsrc, so that's easy.

I was thinking to just use Vera fonts from base instead (to get rid of the
dependency), but then indeed we need to worry about native X vs. pkgsrc X,
and the fonts/vera-ttf package does not have a builtin.mk to facilitate
this, so for now I just won't bother and use DejaVu instead.

For patch-ap, I'll substitute %%PREFIX%% there as well.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen@xxxxxxxxxx  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F