netbsd-help@netbsd.org

Re: user password

Subject: Re: user password
From: "Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher"
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:10:50 +0200
Also sprach Stefan Schumacher (stefan@xxxxxxxxxx)
> Jeremy C. Reed <reed <at> reedmedia.net> writes:
>

> > Does anyone know if we have a tool that allows you to choose the cipher
> > type (like md5, blowfish, des) and other attributes (like rounds or salt)
> > to create hashes (from stdin or command line)? Maybe openssl(1) could be
> > used to create hashes that are compatible with crypt(3)?

Accidentally (sic) I stumbled across pwhash(1). It offers all we are
looking for.

Unfortunately, it is not mentioned in the "SEE ALSO" section of
passwd(5), passwd.conf(5), passwd(1) and so on, could someone fix this?

--
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--

Daijouji Shigesuke in "Budo Shoshin Shuu"