netbsd-bugs@netbsd.org
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: xsrc/37266: xterm broken after updating to 4.0RC3, because links for

Subject: Re: xsrc/37266: xterm broken after updating to 4.0RC3, because links for libXpm.so.4 are missing
From: Bernhard Moellemann
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:40:28 UTC
Newsgroups: fa.netbsd.bugs

The following reply was made to PR xsrc/37266; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bernhard Moellemann <zza@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: gnats-bugs@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: 
Subject: Re: xsrc/37266: xterm broken after updating to 4.0RC3, because links 
for libXpm.so.4 are missing
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 18:34:58 +0100

 On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 05:00:19PM +0000, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR xsrc/37266; it has been noted by GNATS.
 > 
 > From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > To: gnats-bugs@xxxxxxxxxx
 > Cc: 
 > Subject: Re: xsrc/37266: xterm broken after updating to 4.0RC3, because links
 >  for libXpm.so.4 are missing
 > Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:58:08 -0500 (CDT)
 > 
 >  > >Description:
 >  > xterm is linked against libXpm.4 but the update from 1.6.1 (and probably
 >  > the install or other updates) to 4.0RC3 does not create the links
 >  > libXpm.so -> libXpm.so.4.11 and libXpm.so.4 -> libXpm.so.4.11 so the
 >  > xterm failes with 'Shared object "libXpm.so.4" not found'
 >  
 >  
 >  How did you do this update? The 4.0_RC3 xbase set has:
 >  
 >  -r--r--r--  1 root     wheel      64571 Oct 16 07:28 
 > ./usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4.11
 >  lrwxr-xr-x  1 root     wheel          0 Oct 16 07:41 
 > ./usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 -> libXpm.so.4.11
 >  lrwxr-xr-x  1 root     wheel          0 Oct 16 07:41 
 > ./usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so -> libXpm.so.4.11
 >  
 
 I did the builds
 
 ./build.sh -j4 -O /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/obj -T /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/tooldir -X 
/mnt/top/src/src-4.0/xsrc -x tools
 
 and
 
 ./build.sh -j4 -u -O /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/obj -T /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/tooldir 
-X /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/xsrc -x distribution
 
 Then I put the disk from the laptop into by build-computer, mounted it and did
 
 ./build.sh -j4 -u -O /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/obj -T /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/tooldir 
-X /mnt/top/src/src-4.0/xsrc -x install=/mnt/root
 
 After this I had to run some postinstall fix lines. Most went automatic,
 some had to be done manually. The the disk was placed back and I started
 deleting and rebuilding all packages. After the WindowManager I tried
 to log in and got only icons and background none of my xterms.
 
     Bernhard Möllemann  //
                       \X/
 

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>