neon@webdav.org

Re: [neon] Win32 SSPI Negotiate authentication with virtualhost/multi-ho

Subject: Re: [neon] Win32 SSPI Negotiate authentication with virtualhost/multi-homed
From: Joe Orton
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:37:36 +0100
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 07:40:16AM -0500, Alec Kloss wrote:
> I of course 100% agree that DNS canonicalization is common in krb5
> implementations, but that doesn't make it right.  I've been
> resisting the urge to as the rhetorical question, "if MIT jumped
> off a cliff, would neon too?"

I'm not sure a cliff-jumping analogy really helps here.  Yes, neon
*will* behave exactly as MIT dictates exactly because neon will be
linked against the MIT GSSAPI libraries on the majority of platforms
where neon is used.

If MIT Kerberos was some niche implementation this argument might make
some sense - but it's not - it's the *reference implementation*.

joe