nemo@ietf.org

Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo

Subject: Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo
From: "K.Kawaguchi"
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:48:53 +0900
Hi,

"Keiichi SHIMA <keiichi@xxxxxxxxxx>" wrote:

> >> Please teach the method of not using routing protocol.
> >> Is there draft or RFC ?
> >
> > Since a mobile node knows its mobile network prefix, it can install
> > a routing entry for it after it receives a binding ack message.
> > The home agent of the mobile node will know the mobile network
> > prefix stored in a binding update message from the mobile node, it
> > can also install a routing entry when it receives the binding
> > update message.
>
> Some more minor additional notes...
>
> The above example is for the explicit mode.  And if we use implicit
> mode, then these two entities already know what to do when
> registration completes.  So either using a dynamic routing or not is
> just a configuration issue for route management and it has nothing to
> do with the network model.
>
> # if I'm not missing something.

I still have my uncertain point.
Please look at the following figures.

                   HA1

  -----+-----+-----+-----+----- Home Link: A:B:C:0::/64
       |     |           |
       |     |           | MR1-egress
       H     R(MR)       MR1
             |           | MR1-ingress (Home Address)

                        -+----- Mobile Network: A:B:C:i::/64

I agree as you say, HA and MR can install own routing table entry by
binding message. However, how do you tell it to other nodes on home
network?
How do you do when MR1 moves from the home link and the binding message
is completed? Also, how do you do when MR1 returns to the home link?

Best regards
---
Kiyoaki KAWAGUCHI