nemo@ietf.org

Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo

Subject: Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo
From: Keiichi SHIMA
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:48:50 +0900
Hi,

On 2006/11/27, at 21:31, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:

Keiichi SHIMA wrote:
On 2006/11/25, at 13:29, Keiichi SHIMA wrote:
So, even in the case 2, we can put a routing entry for the mobile network prefix by not using any routing protocol.
Please teach the method of not using routing protocol. Is there
 draft or RFC ?
Since a mobile node knows its mobile network prefix, it can install a routing entry for it after it receives a binding ack message. The home agent of the mobile node will know the mobile network prefix stored in a binding update message from the mobile node, it can also install a routing entry when it receives the binding update message.
Some more minor additional notes...
The above example is for the explicit mode.  And if we use implicit
mode, then these two entities already know what to do when registration completes. So either using a dynamic routing or not is just a configuration issue for route management and it has nothing to do with the network model.

I think it is not right for HA to add a routing table entry upon
reception of MNP in the HA.  IT should add it in the binding cache,
not in routing table.

I don't understand that. MIP6 or NEMO is a kind of dynamic tunnel setup and route injection mechanism, isn't it? So manipulating route entries by MIP6/NEMO program seems natural to me.

The routing table is a data structure touched by other independent
software (ifconfig add, route add, routing daemon read).

If MIP6-nemo software adds a routing table entry usually it has no way
to trigger the routing daemon that reads that routing table.  The
routing daemon reads the routing table only once (when it starts up),
creating other internal routing tables.  If mip6-demo adds an entry in
the kernel routing table then that will not be seen by the routing
daemon.  Which is bad.

Ah, it may depend on the routing daemon. Some routing daemons can redistribute routing entries added after it is launched. If we are using such daemon, the route entries will be propagated appropriately.

In fact, we have confirmed our NEMO daemon (SHISA) can run with OSPFv3 in some of our previous experiments. The route entry to a MNP added by SHISA was distributed by zebra ospf6d in the experiment.

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <keiichi@xxxxxxxxxx>
WIDE Project <shima@xxxxxxxxxx>