Apport crash reports for Nautilus

Subject: Apport crash reports for Nautilus
From: Sense Hofstede
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:28:17 +0100

A reasonable part of the bugs reported with Ubuntu's bug reporter
'Apport' -- which is also used to fill OpenSuSE's crash database --
are crashes. These kind of reports contain a Stacktrace,
ThreadStacktrace, the .xsession-errors file and some more
information[1]. Often those crashes are hard to reproduce, but the
stacktraces could still provide useful information.

Since I triage mostly Nautilus bugs, on Launchpad, I would like to ask
you how you think about such reports. Is a mere stacktrace enough when
forwarding the bug upstream? Or do you want more information? I
wouldn't want to open dozens of unusable bugs on GNOME Bugzilla, but I
also wouldn't want to leave crash bugs go by unnoticed.

[1] An example of such a bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/518089

Sense Hofstede
[ËsÉn.sÉ ËÉÉf.steËdÉ]
nautilus-list mailing list