napub@nfbnet.org

Re: [napub] Reading speed

Subject: Re: [napub] Reading speed
From: "David R. Stayer"
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:03:24 -0500
Shalom I use my index fingers on each hand to read.  I was born blind and
learned braille as a youngster.  My reading speed in the eighth grade was 210
words per minute reading aloud.  I know I read much faster than that now as a
senior adult.
Each day is a precious gift. David R. Stayer, LCSW
Mary Donahue wrote:
Hello Cheryl and listers, I also read with both hands, using my right index
finger as my main reading one and my left index finger to move ahead to the
next line to guide the right index finger. It pays off on my proofreading job.
However, right now, I am mainly proofreading books transcribed in uncontracted
Braille, which slows me down a little. Just my two cents' worth. Talk to you
all soon. Mary Donahue ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cheryl Wade"