mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird

Re: Why not Thunderbird be just a xpi extension for Firefox?

Subject: Re: Why not Thunderbird be just a xpi extension for Firefox?
From: Arivald
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:15:55 +0200
Newsgroups: mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird
S V Ramu pisze:
I'm a happy user of Thunderbird for as long as I can remember, and
more than happy user of Firefox. I was relived when an almost
abandoned TB was revived for version 3.

But more I use Google Doc editor, more I feel AJAX is capable enough
to be a good rich text editor. So why not the whole Thunderbird be a
plugin/extension to Firefox?

I cannot imagine non-Firefox user to be using TB, so the overhead of
FF is not realistic.

And seeing sameplace jabber client (under 100k!, ok with moz jabber
ext), I see even my beloved Gaim should go away! and be just an
extension of Firefox.

If you need FF+TB in one program, try use SeaMonkey.

I personally prefer using two programs, because if web browser crash, i still have mail program.
Also there is most easier to maintain mail and browser security.

--
Arivald