microsoft.public.windows.backgroundtransfer

Re: BITS 3.0 in Windows XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003

Subject: Re: BITS 3.0 in Windows XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003
From: "Alex Ng [MSFT]"
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:29:40 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.backgroundtransfer

IGD counters are supported in BITS 2.5, which is available for Windows XP and Server 2003. You can get BITS 2.5 from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=93607 (install KB923845).
Peercaching is only supported in BITS 3.0.

Thanks.
--
Alex Ng
Microsoft, BITS Team

<drmcgee2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:101a7612-57f0-4d76-8204-e1aa18612ebc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 4, 1:03 pm, "Alex Ng [MSFT]" <t-
ale...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

BITS 3.0 is only available for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
BITS 2.5 is the latest version available for Windows XP and Server 2003.

What are the features from BITS 3.0 that you want to use?

Thanks.
--
Alex Ng
Microsoft, BITS Team

<drmcgee2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I know that BITS 3.0 is available in Vista and Server 2008, but can
> you download and upgrade XP SP2 and Server 2003 with BITS 3.0

> Thanks a bunch- Hide quoted text -

I would like to use the peer caching and an ability to tap into a
gateway to determine bandwidth with BITS 3.0.

I was hoping to be able to upgrade BITS 3.0 on my XP and Server 2003
system to take advantage of the new features. That way I don't have to
brute force what I need to do.

Thanks

--

Dave McGee