Content Formating

Subject: Content Formating
From: Paul Taylor
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 23:47:01 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello All
Could any one help with formatting output for email notifications?
My notifications are being mailed to me and the content data is correct but
i cannot get it to format properly, the email comes through in plain text
unformatted and any html tags are ignored and comes through as part of the
message for example <b>bold</b> comes through as i typed it as opposed to the
word bold being bold. all line spacing breaks etc are gone.
it works happily if i use the file protocol instead of the smtp protocol.
i am using the xslt transform method and have already tried changing the
code page setting in the ICF and the <bodyformat> argument in the ADF but
nothing seems to help. the mail does vary in its format as i try different
things but does not appear as it should regardless of what i try
any ideas?
Paul - South Africa