Errors trying to setup Database Mail in SQL 2005

Subject: Errors trying to setup Database Mail in SQL 2005
From: gea
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:24:02 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I have gone thru and set up Database Mail and am trying to send a test
message. When I send the test, the following is shown in the log:

Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Objects.Account
GetAccount(Int32)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: DatabaseMailEngine

StackTrace Information
===================
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DataAccessAdapter.GetAccount(Int32
 accountID)
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession
 dbSession)
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateCommand(DBSession
 dbSession)
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession
 db)
   at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object
 o)

If I try to send a mail directly in Queryanalyzer by using the
sp_send_dbmail sp, it says Mail Queued, but then when I look in the log, the
same error above shows.  All the info I have found on the Internet seems to
be related to clustered server.  This is not a clustered server.

Our Mail Server is a Lotus Notes Server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.