Re: Stuck learning SQL-NS

Subject: Re: Stuck learning SQL-NS
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:47:17 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Mauro -

Are you using SSNS 2000 or SSNS 2005. The match rule that you included as
part of your post was for SSNS 2000. Although the basic concepts,
terminology, and premise of SSNS 2005 is the the same as the prior
version, there are number of improvements that prevent it from working
exactly as in SSNS 2000.

I talk about some of the differences in these articles:

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/building-effective-sql-server-notification-applications-part-i/

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/building-effective-sql-server-notification-applications-part-2/

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d5e96d9-0074-46c4-bd4f-c3eb2abf4b66&DisplayLang=en

As for resources, I used to have quite a few resources, examples, and
tutorials on my blog site, but unfortunately I lost the past 3 years worth
of postings recently.  Arrgh!!!!

Anyway, I've just start blogging again. I moved to SQLTeam -
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/joew/

HTH...

--
Joe Webb