Re: Event View does not return Events while NSEvent Table has rows

Subject: Re: Event View does not return Events while NSEvent Table has rows
From: Joe Webb
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 05:08:36 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
SSNS processes items in quantums for efficiency.

A quantum is essentially a block of time, eg 15 minutes.

So as SSNS processes items, it looks to all items with the specified
quantum that it's working on. In most cases it the time period immediately
prior to the current time, however if SSNS was off for a while, it'll go
back an process prior quantums in order to catch up. We can define how far
back it'll go in order to catch up.

HTH...

Joe

--